Dates & Times TBA|
A Matter of Balance
A program designed to help older adults increase their activity levels and reduce their fear of falling.
Time & Location
Dates & Times TBA
Cheshire YMCA, 967 S Main St, Cheshire, CT 06410, USA
About the event
***Will be offered through the Cheshire YMCA this Spring - Check back for program dates***
Many older adults restrict their activities due to concerns about falling. A MATTER OF BALANCE is an award-winning, research-backed program emphasizing practical strategies to manage the fear of falling and increase activity levels.
This is a four-week program. Classes are 2 hours long and meet twice a week.
YOU WILL LEARN TO:
- view falls as controllable
- set goals for increasing activity levels
- make changes to reduce fall risks at home
- exercise to increase strength and balance
WHO SHOULD ATTEND? ANYONE WHO:
- is concerned about falling
- has fallen in the past
- has restricted activities because of falling concerns
- is interested in improving balance, flexibility, and strength